Friday 29 March 2013

That place called Peace



The forceps-bearer crushed my son’s brain’s nerves when he came into this world and it paralyzed my dream of motherhood. 

We tried teaching him the ABCD and 1234 in vain, so we sent him to a place for different ones like him; but it worsened his condition. 

He understands his traumas and blames me for sending him away, away from the warmth of a mother’s bosom. 

He wants to marry and have a family like his siblings do, but time won’t heal the face of reality – the brain damage he suffered 27 years ago. 

I can hear his words that lay buried deep down in a frustrated heart that has only suffered all along and all I can do is pray for his life to be shorter than mine so that I can see his peace before I see mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment